Чтение и письмо: переписка команды (эллипсис в переписке)
Слова урока · 4
- thread /θred/цепочка писем
- to summarise /tə ˈsʌməraɪz/подводя итог
- as things stand /əz ˌθɪŋz ˈstænd/на данный момент
- flag /flæɡ/отметить, обратить внимание
Фразы урока · 2
- The thread is forty messages long — to summarise the thread: …В цепочке сорок сообщений — подводя итог переписке: …
- As things stand, we launch Monday, but I'd flag one risk.На данный момент запускаемся в понедельник, но отмечу один риск.
Текст: «Переписка команды: запуск сайта — восемь сообщений»
1. Priya (Mon 09:12): Are we still launching on Monday? The design is done, but I haven't heard from anyone about the content. Sam?
2. Sam (Mon 10:40): Content is 90 % there. The two case studies aren't — I was going to write them this week, but I've been pulled onto the audit. Could someone else? If not, I can, but not before Thursday.
3. David (Mon 11:05): I can take one case study. Not both. And I'd rather do the shorter one.
4. Priya (Mon 11:30): Fine by me — David does the short one, Sam the long one by Thursday. Did I get that right? Also, who signs off on the final content? Last time nobody did and we launched with a typo in the headline.
5. Nina (Mon 14:02): I can sign off, provided that I get everything by Friday noon, not Friday evening. I take Sam's point about the audit, but Thursday close of play for the long case study leaves me half a day, which isn't enough.
6. Sam (Mon 15:15): Understood. Thursday noon, then — I'll hold myself to it. One thing left unsaid: the pricing page. Legal haven't approved the new wording, and as things stand we can't launch with the old one. That's the elephant in the room.
7. David (Mon 15:40): Then Monday is a non-starter unless Legal reply by Wednesday. Can we park the launch date until we hear from them, and meet halfway on a fallback — launch without the pricing page and add it later?
8. Priya (Mon 16:20): I can live with that as a fallback, with one proviso: the «coming soon» pricing page says so clearly rather than linking to nothing. Nina, are you OK to sign off on a launch without pricing? And who's chasing Legal? We haven't heard from Tom, and it's his contact.
Задание
Напишите точное итоговое сообщение для всей группы (summary message, 220–260 слов) по этой переписке: тема; что решено (so we're agreed that …; as things stand); пункты к исполнению с ответственными и сроками (action points, owner, by Thursday noon, by close of play); условия и оговорки участников (provided that; with one proviso; only if); нерешённые вопросы и кто их закрывает (outstanding; we haven't heard from …; I'd flag one risk); просьба подтвердить (did I get that right; shout if anything is wrong). Используйте эллипсис и замещение, чтобы не повторять очевидное (David does the short one, Sam the long one; if not, …; so does …).
Образец ответа
Subject: Site launch — where we are and who's doing what
All — a summary of today's thread, so we're working from one version. Shout if I've got anything wrong.
Decided
As things stand, Monday is no longer a firm launch date: it depends on Legal approving the pricing wording by Wednesday. We're agreed on a fallback — launch without the pricing page and add it later — with Priya's proviso that the «coming soon» page says so clearly rather than linking to nothing.
Action points
1. Case studies: David writes the short one, Sam the long one. Sam's is due Thursday noon (not close of play), so that Nina has a full day. Sam has said he'll hold himself to that.
2. Sign-off: Nina signs off on all content, provided that she has everything by Friday noon. If the long case study slips, so does the launch.
3. Legal: Tom owns the contact and chases for a reply by Wednesday. Tom — we haven't heard from you today; can you confirm?
4. Fallback page: Priya builds the «coming soon» pricing page, in case we need it.
Outstanding
— Nina, are you comfortable signing off a launch without pricing? If not, the fallback doesn't work and we wait for Legal.
— I'd flag one risk: if Legal reply on Wednesday with changes rather than approval, Thursday noon becomes tight for everyone, and we should decide now whether that means Tuesday launch instead.
Did I get that right? Replies by end of day, please, and I'll circulate a final version tonight.
Alex
lightbulbИтоговое сообщение: decided (as things stand, agreed, depends on) → action points с owner и сроком → условия участников (provided that, proviso) → outstanding, we haven't heard from, I'd flag one risk → did I get that right, circulate. Эллипсис и замещение — без повторов.
Закрепите урок: упражнения со словами, фразами и грамматикой с проверкой и повторением.